black friday data programming deals
November 24th, 2020
This is not going to be a complete list, by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm going to update this through the week as I come across deals that I feel should be here. It's more geared toward python / data science than software engineering. If there's a lot of interest in front-end deals, I may put something together on that.
Oh, and none of these are affiliate links. Just like... normal links and stuff. If you're feeling generous, throw me a follow on Twitter.
courses / MOOCs
There are a few specific courses / subscriptions that are on sale this week.
- Datacamp - Annual Subscription 62% off ($149 vs typical price of $399, so ~$12.5/mo). Current month-to-month pricing is $25, for reference.
- Dataquest Annual subscription 50% off ($24.5/mo vs typical $49)
- Pluralsight - Annual subscriptions are 40% off, coming out to ~$15/mo, $179/yr
- Udemy has a variety of courses that are 'On Sale', but Udemy courses are typically heavily discounted (they'll be offered for $15 vs their list price of $100-200). That said, these are still on the cheaper end of what you'll see on the site.
- freeCodeCamp - It's free! Well, it always is. It's literally in the name, but worth mentioning regardless.
Haven't seen any deals so far
- Humble Book Bundle: Applied Math & Statistics Toolkit by Morgan & Claypool - I can't personally vouch for these, but its a ton of math / stats books for $15, so... ball's in your court
- Humble Book Bundle: Java Programming & More by O'Reilly - O'Reilly publishes some fantastic books. While I have 0 need for Java books, there are some more general software design books in here as well.
- Python Machine Learning: Machine Learning and Deep Learning with Python, scikit-learn, and TensorFlow 2 - $30 for physical (vs $40), $17 ebook (vs $28)
-Pro Git - It' available for free at the moment on Amazon in ebook form.
IDEs, SaaS, APIs, etc. Not seeing anything at the moment.
did i miss any?
Feel free to comment below if I missed any other deals going on here!